As a Yoga Therapist and Ayurvedic Practitioner, I look forward to meeting you and helping you along the path to being the best you can be. But first, what is Yoga Therapy and Ayurveda?
Yoga Therapy is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and wellbeing through the application of the teachings and practices of Yoga. It is an integrated and holistic approach working with the mind/body/emotional aspects of the person.
Ayurveda is the sister science to Yoga and as such, offers much in the way of health and happiness through bringing the mind and body back into balance through diet, mindfulness, meditation and knowing your unique Dosha or Constitution. Below are five tips to help you experience a little of the Ayurvedic wisdom through a daily habit:
1. Try and make your midday meal the main meal of the day.
2. Take a 10-15 minute walk after lunch to help your digestion with deep breathing to expand your lungs and energize you for the rest of the day.
3. Cut down on caffeine and alcohol – drink more water – at least 2 litres per day.
4. Have an earlier, lighter dinner – finish by 7pm at the latest.
5. Bed by 10pm to arise earlier, lighter and more energised
Good health in body and mind start with good habits – make 2018 your year of good health.
Sharon is available for appointments in our Winston Hills practice on Mondays 8am-12pm and Tuesdays 2pm-5pm. For more information or to book an appointment please call the practice.